Saturday, June 29, 2013

BOL! My...... I mean THE Great Escape!!


Hiya all,

I have a great story to share today.



The other day I was supervisin' my dad dad cuttin' down this HUGE Pine Tree from our front yard. 

Here it is almost finished:

Only a little bit of it left today.


Anywho, the doorbell rang and it was the Avon Lady bringin' my mum a whole of bag of stuffs. So you can imagine there was a LOT of woofing that needed doin, and I'm excellent at that.

Then mum shut the front door (only it didn't shut very well - and she didn't notice....I DID)

Mum went back to doin her mosaics project outside in the side garden, and dad dad was still out the front.

After a few minutes mum wondered why she could hear me barkin' and barkin' kinda a long way away and behind her..... like it came from around the corner!!?? She didn't think much of it.... and continued sticking her broken bits of tile to her concrete ball.

Then - about 5 minutes later - she had a funny feelin' ...... and decided she would look for me. She got around to dad dad and asked if he had seen me recently.... he said "no".

Then they both looked outside the fence to see me runnin' backwards and forwards outside on the footpath - lookin' mighty pleased with myself too!


See the green fence - I was on the OTHER side of it ...... BOL!!!


So then mum ran back inside to get out the front door to get me - and I was just runnin' in the front door to meet her.

You see if your peeps are CARELESS and leave the FRONT door OPENS...... a little schnauzer can get out into the big wide world all by herself. I was barkin at mum from the street outside to tell her ...."MUM YOU LEFT THE FRONT DOOR WIDE OPEN!!!!!"

It was priceless my furiends..... PRICELESS!



Shouldn't peeps be IQ tested before they get a dawg???



Just as well I KNEW where I WAS the WHOLE TIME!!



Now my furiends..... gotta get back to supervisin' the tree removal.

Stay Safe Now!




22 comments:

  1. Oh Rubie - so glad you stayed safe near your home. Some peeps are so careless. None of us has escaped here but many years ago the very first mini schnauzer to live with my peeps got out from their open door and they heard her barking on the green behind the houses and had to rush round to bring her back.Thank goodness for 'schnauzer barks' to let peeps know where we are!
    Take care - woofs and licks from Magic xx
    PeeS great to see your photo on the FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rubie that was a mini adventure indeed. We have to be careful with our front door with all the traffic. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly
    PS Some our readers have said they are not getting our post feeds. We are posting as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubie you had a nice little adventure didn't you? The peeps must be extra careful. Butt when they are not we just can't help our selves to, well you know. Have a wonderful and safe weekend.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your mom finally paid attention to your barking and retrieved you from the front yard. We bet it was fun to experience that freedom even for just a few minutes.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your mom got you back safe and sound, Rubie. We've had a couple of incident, but they've generally involved the fence gate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when you get the opportunity - why not explore the forbidden zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great adventure Rubie. I have managed to escape out the front door a couple of times and I always run across to the neighbour who is obsessively house and garden proud and do a poo on his front lawn. So Gail has to try and pick it up before he spots us...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rubie! That was a most awesome adventure! We bet your braveries saved the lives of your mom and dad because we just know there was something skeery just lurking around waiting for a front door to be left open! Hope your mom gave you lots of treats to say thank you!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thinks that was some pawsome adventure gurl!! I'm so glads you were safe, and that your peeps will never do THAT agains!! BOL
    See, us terrier's bark ALWAYS gives us away! It also makes us easy to find
    Now, don't scare your peeps like that again...I thinks they learned their lesson! hehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great joke on your pawrents, Rubie! Bet they're checking the doors now. We ALL got out the other day and had a great time running around the neighbourhood sniffin' stuff. We were coming home before she even noticed. Sometimes you've got to take drastic measures to remind THEM of their responsibilities.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rubie, you are a crack up girlie. We are sorry butt we had to laugh cause you peeps did not know a thing! Sheesh. I Rory, have tried to open our door with my nose but so far have been unsuccessful. We have those long kinda handles on the door knob bit. Glad you didn't stray too far. Wonder what would have happened if the Postie had rode by? See ya sweetie pie. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you make my heart skip a beat.
    So glad you knew right where you were at and stayed close to home.

    No more crazy adventures silly little girl.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, you are lucky you didn't get into big trouble
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rubie, I have no doubt you were safe and knew what you were doing, but please be careful. I agree sometimes the peeps need to be taught a lesson. I bet it will be a long time before you can do that again.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poor mummy must have been having a heart attack when she realized you where gone!! I bets your humans will be checking the front door is shut all the time now!!
    Love Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're so glad you didn't get in trouble for escaping our the front door. Just remember, don't talk to strangers out there!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Rubie, what a fright that must have been for your mum & dad! Next time you see the door open (which I doubt) make sure you let them know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hellooooo Rubieeeeeee, just checking in to see if you are still my girl! I told my Mum and she has emailedyour Mum but wanted to just check in with you, love you lots, your Dex xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet you scared your mummy. My puppies love to escape and run around the street then they get scared and run home!! you need to watch out for the big cars so they don't squash you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh goodness me, how scary for your mum, but funny for you too. If only she had known you were safe and sound. Did she talk to dad dad for the rest of the day? I wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Almost as adventureous as the PKW there Rubie!!
    That was such a funny story, I can just see your Mothers face as she saw you running at her, she must have been shocked that you got out!
    Thank goodness you are safe Rubie!
    Love and Licks from your furiend Frank xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...