Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hollingdays again! - Port Vincent Part 1


Last week my peeps got the PKW (Peep Kennel on Wheels - also known as a caravan) all packed up and put me in the car with them. We drove for about an hour and I started to get my ol' queeezzy back again.... so I threw up in the back. It gave mum something to do... he he he.

Anywho - another two hours after that - we got to this little seaside town..... and set up camp.


Here is Base Camp for the week. Note we are right on the beach - really cool!


This is the view round the other side of the PKW.


Right next to our PKW we had a "Fish Cleaning Shed" - and all these birds would hang around when any peeps went in there. Even these HUGE funny lookin' birds!


I decided to try out the beach myself..... and givin' my dad dad a bit of a run too. 


When I had enough of that - I took my ball and went back to Base Camp to see what the dinner plans were!


These are some of the peeps we went with. A bit embarrassing I know....... I didn't know why they were diggin' at the beach - aren't we dawgs supposed to do that!!??!! They were diggin' for somethin' to put on the end of a fishin' line. Beats me. 


This is a shot of me takin' my dad dad for a stroll around the Caravan Park. This park had lots of PKW's and boats.... but the best part was there were lots of us dawgs livin' there too.

I met so many furiends..... it was exhaustin' keeping up the social stuff. You will see one special furiend later.


Near my camp there was this cool "rocky jetty" and sometimes there were peeps there with their fishing poles and buckets.


There were peeps in their boats too.


I must find out what this peep activity called "fishing" is all about.... because my uncie K has his fishing stuff with him and he wants to do some. The sun is gettin' low and we have to check on him.


Here he is - see the head and the hat - he's sitting on the steps "fishing".


These steps smell good - gotta try not to get my lead string caught up with uncie K's line. He may not like that.


I'll help you uncie K......!!     H-e-r-e........ fishy fishy fishy!!!!!


We tried for a long time to do some fishin'.

Uncie K says...... "no luck tonight".


Just to prove how "knackered" I was at the end of each day - this is me straight after the door of the PKW was opened after dinner. I could not wait to close my eyes!!

Stay tuned for more!






14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic place for a holiday. We're exhausted just reading and seeing all the stuff you did!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pawsome adventure! You are lucky to have a kennel on wheels. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MOM has been there many times - how she misses it. Thanks for the tour - it bought back many fond memories. And my dogness what an adventure you are having - gotta love getting away and exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh another great adventure. I am going to enjoy seeing more. And Rubie my friend you MUST try fishing! I love love it. I can now even catch my own fish. It's true MOM has pictures of me actually catching fish. Give it a try, you'll love it.
    You know it is a good day when you fall asleep like that.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a fun trip! You got a prime location for that PKW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rubie...what a great adventure! I love going camping! It's the best!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rubie we are so happy that you got the PKW out and about again.

    DARN girrrrrl we have MISSED you lately...

    THAT was a super location you chose fur the PKW. Can't wait to see more gorgeous pictures. Love the Birds .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys are all having a great time. I think I need to get down to the beach with my pups too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's not like any tent, that thing is awesome! What a beautiful beach
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pawsome beach and what a wonderful place for a hollingday. Not sure about those big birds though - their beaks look a bit scary. Love the photo of you Rubie checking out the fishing - enjoy the sun and sand - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you and the peeps had great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick question, with all the beach and sad, how in the world have you remained clean throughout your walks. It must have taken a lot of composure to remain prim and proper.

    By the way, that camping tent looks awesome.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Rubie Roo you look exhausted in that last photo, you must have been knackered indeed, all that fun on the beach, those wonderful walks and helping your Uncle fish, its all hard work for a little lady like you, love the holiday, its sooooooo good to see you back having adventures in the PKW and thank you for sharing your trip with us, I just love seeing holiday adventures!
    Sweet Dreams!
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your Furiend Frank XxxxX

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...